Author Topic: stopping night time bottle  (Read 1003 times)

Offline taylor

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
stopping night time bottle
« on: November 02, 2005, 13:56:03 pm »
zack is 11 months old and for the past 3 nights he wont take his night time forumla.

it was the only bottle he was on as he came of his morning bottle around 10 months old.

he takes a cup of milk with his breakfast then a cup with his dinner at 5pm he goes to his bed at 6.30 he also eats yougarts and cheese through the day.

would it be okay now to stop using the forumla milk and stick with the cows milk.

he is even intrested in his bottle at night he just plays with it.

what would be the best thing to do?

Offline *Julie*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • We are in England,Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 14:46:26 pm »
Hi Taylor,my daughter was exactly 11 mths when we switched to cows` milk. We didn`t plan to,it just happened that she was taking less and less formula and I had to tip out whatever was left over,and I thought,well that`s it, I`m not paying for formula milk and then chucking it out,and I started to give her half formula half full fat milk,and then gradually just full fat milk. I found she upped her milk intake by 2/3!!!
 Good luck.

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:04:10 am »
Hi

The recommendation for cow's milk alone it 12 months, but if she's happy with it and hasn't had any reactions then I'd then shouldn't be any problem going with just the cow's milk to see if she'll up her milk intake.

They only need about 12oz of milk from 11/12 months and not all of that has to be actual milk. As long as she's getting other dairy (yoghurts and cheese) then couple of cups a day should be fine.

love
Marie