Author Topic: 1 year molars = poor eating  (Read 1444 times)

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
1 year molars = poor eating
« on: November 03, 2005, 01:47:54 am »
Our ds is 16 months and has been eating pretty well lately.  Just when I thought things were going great, here come the molars.  He is refusing to eat some of his favorites and generally isn't eating much.  Has anyone else had this experience with molars?  He seems to have lost his appetite and doesn't want a spoon near his mouth.
Julie

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 03:29:46 am »
Yes that happened with us as well.  I just kept offering him the meals and snacks (healthy ones) and if he was hungry he would eat.  That is also the time when we started to make him smoothies with yogurt fruit and milk.

HTH

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 21:00:54 pm »
Thanks Lana,

I just needed a little reassurance I guess.  He now has loose stools too, which he always gets when going through a rough case of teething.  This morning for breakfast he ate a small pancake, 3/4 a bannana, and NO yogurt.  Lunch he would only eat a snack can of peaches and half a nutrigrain bar.  He has been refusing to eat things that are "heavy" or too flavorful.  I guess he just isn't feeling well. Now I am not sure what to feed him for dinner??? Any ideas?
Julie

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 04:01:18 am »
Normally I just offer Ewan whatever we are eating and he has the choice to eat it or not.

If you think he isn't really up for flavorful stuff you could just give him some toast.

HTH