Author Topic: My lo is constantly bringing up milk  (Read 1024 times)

Offline PaulaP

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 03, 2005, 19:02:58 pm »
Hi,

My lo is 16 weeks old and was switched to the 2nd stage formula for hungry babies - this was about the same time we switched from the 3 hour to the 4 hour easy routine.

My problem now is that he is constantly spitting up milk even up to 15 minutes before he is due for his next bottle.  I know all babies spit up, but this just seems to be too much for my liking.  It looks normal with the usual white bits in it but am just worried.

My lo will only take his milk warm and kicks up a huge fuss if the milk is cold - could this be the reason - is the milk to warm for his tummy.

Do you think I should switch back to the stage 1 formula - could the second stage be too rich for him.

Sorry for all the questions but hope you are able to help.

Thanks

Paula - Mum to Thomas

Offline ~BeckyD~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 67
  • Devon, England
My lo is constantly bringing up milk
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 19:11:08 pm »
I am by no means an expert so will just give you my experience... the same happened with us when Jack was quite a bit younger than yours. He seemed to suddenly not go as long between feeds so we gave hungrier baby milk a go. He started bringing A LOT back up and would have been happy to have only 3 feeds a day so we switched back. I think he was on the second milk for a week or so and when we switched back was much happier so maybe just a growth spurt??
Just in case it makes any difference(I am not sure) the formulas we used were Aptamil 1st and 2nd.(I think)!!!!
xx

Offline queen rollo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My lo is constantly bringing up milk
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 20:16:14 pm »
i have a sicky baby too...........

he is 13 weeks old and has alway been very sicky....from one feed right through to the next he'll bring up milk.

we had him on Aptamil 1st till a couple of weeks ago when we moved him to Aptamil 2nd.......it has made him a bit better but i find my ds is worse during the day when he gets excited, he's hardly sick at all with his night feeds.

i have come to terms with the fact that i just have a sicky baby......

i just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this.

Offline PaulaP

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 12:35:24 pm »
Thank you both for your replies.

I have spoken to my HV and she has also suggested I go back onto the 1st stage milk.  I have also noticed that the 2nd stage is making him constipated.

Fingers crossed we can go back to the way we were and stay in the same routine.

Thanks again for your help.