Author Topic: baby is off milk completely  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Worzelbaby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 03, 2005, 08:28:38 am »
hiya please advise me, my baby is now 21 weeks old and completely off his milk, he take around 2-4oz of milk a bottle and now wants to cut it from 4 to 3 bottles a day!! everyday his intake is reducing and he has bewteen 10-15oz a day! what can i do he persistently cries and rejects bottle! he is on solids which i always offer after a bottle! he eats that sometimes and other times not too well! im really concerned and im not getting anything on searches apart from that they shud stay on milk for up until 1 year of 20oz min plus solids!

did anyone else experience this where a baby is off milk altogether from this early age?!

im really stressin here ! what to do?

Offline PaulaP

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 18:41:23 pm »
Hiya,

My lo is not on solids at the moment - but I had the same problem with his bottles.  He would only take a couple of oz and then fight and push the bottle away.

I noticed that his gums were bothering him and have seen 2 teeth trying to come through.  I also changed the size of the teats on the bottles and that seemed to help too. 

Now that his gums are not bothering him too much and have changed the teats he is a reformed feeder.

Hope this information helps.

Regards
Paula