Author Topic: starting to wonder what we're dong wrong?  (Read 1054 times)

Offline kristidawn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
starting to wonder what we're dong wrong?
« on: November 03, 2005, 10:43:35 am »
I have a 5 month old who doesn't sleep through the night. We have upped her calories in the day so that she's eating 5  6 ounce bottles of formula. We dream feed her at 11pm and she goes to sleep relatively easy. She does have a pacifier and when she wakes in the night we just pop it in to get her back to sleep. She has 2  2 hour sleeps in the day and depending on when she wakes up she occasionally needs a cat nap to get her through until her bedtime. She is completely a spirited child. We have just started to introduce rice cereal. She has slept from her df until 5 am without waking once or twice but she's always awake at 2am and sometimes 3am. Sometimes she's awake every 10 minutes during these hours. She's not actually awake with eyes open but awake in the sense that she's crying.  I've tried wake to sleep and it hasn't worked. What are we overseeing?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
starting to wonder what we're dong wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 15:37:34 pm »
From my experience with a spirited baby, getting her to sleep through the night is going to be an ongoing problem for a good while as sometimes we just had to hiccup at the wrong time it through the routine out & that was it... But it is doable most of the time with good consistency & NO PACI... unfortunately I think spirited babies & pacis just do not go together... sure you need them to calm the spirited child, the problem is they also seem to become props & so they won't sleep without them.
Have a look at the props board & PU/PD for methods of Paci weaning.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05