Author Topic: Sleep:Day/night - Colic/reflux/illness  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Lee-Stuart-Joshy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 03, 2005, 12:28:58 pm »
Me and my partner have just started Joshy on the EASY routine and ive got to say - we are struggling.  Ive planned it all out but im sure it is just all going wrong!!!
All he wants to do is be awake in the day.  The problem is, he gets bored easily so it is constant attention the whole time he is awake.
When he does go to sleep it is always after a bottle (although ive started waking him after feeds now) and when he does go, it lasts half hour max. 
At night he has to be rocked to sleep and when you put him down you have to pat and rub his back (he sleeps on his belly) until he really drops off.
The thing we are battling with is terrible wind.  We have tried everything, but he just gets belly aches all the time and 9/10 the reason he wakes or wont go to sleep is from tummy aches!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
Sleep:Day/night - Colic/reflux/illness
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 12:34:49 pm »
Infant gas drops, commonly known as Mylicon, active ingredient: simethicone.  It's totally safe and the body does not absorb it, so it's almost impossible to overdose.  Saved my life. :D

Offline Lee-Stuart-Joshy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 12:53:57 pm »
Can i get this in the UK?!  What is it... Like gripe water?

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 14:25:59 pm »
I have no idea what gripe water is....the other UK mums will have to help us out on that one.  I don't know if you can get it in the UK, but I think you can.  It's a drug (simethicone) that makes all the little gas bubbles form into bigger gas bubbles as it goes through the system, making the wind easier to pass.  You can give it right after a feed, during, or right before, or in between meals.  I always gave it to Isom right after his bottle and oh the difference was phenomenal!  I hope you can get it.  I'll go check  the other posts and see if I can find out whether or not it's available in the UK.

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 14:32:45 pm »
Well, I did find http://www.mylicon.com where you can order on line, but no luck elsewhere.  Gotta get back to work....

Crystal