Author Topic: Foods that bother baby  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Foods that bother baby
« on: November 03, 2005, 17:50:08 pm »
Would you list the foods that both your BF babies.

Stacy-How did you know that Max didn't do well with soy?

I'm avoiding dairy, chocolate, brocolli, cabbage and citrus.  Just wanted to find out if there are other things that could cause a problem.
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline Carter'sMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
Foods that bother baby
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 19:12:56 pm »
The only thing that I have found that bothers DS is anything with tomato sauce ie) pizza, spaghetti, lasagna.

I just found out that my DS has a horrible dairy and egg allergy (bad enough that I have to carry an epi pen!) and I never knew!  The only reason I found out is because he had some blood work done at CHildren's Hosp because of a gastro/constipation problem.  I have been eating both of those things quite a bit and he never showed any signs.  Now, I am not allowed to have either (not even cooked into something) ... doesn't leave much to eat!!!
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
Foods that bother baby
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 19:58:04 pm »
Jennifer, it was actually a suggestion by the l/c at my ped's office. I was totally against the suggestion at first, but she convinced me that more than 60% of milk protein intolerant kids are soy protein intolerant too. When I tried it, he changed almost overnight. Soy is hard to cut out because it is in so many processed foods - and healthy foods. The next thing I realized is how much better I feel, and wonder if maybe it wasn't me with the soy intolerance too? Max does fine with cows milk now, but I haven't soy trialed him.

The other possible culprits are wheat, egg, fish, nuts, citrus (although sometimes only uncooked, tomatoes included).

Some of the more genetically engineered crops - soy, corn - are showing up with higher allergies now.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline jacks mom

• Showing Appreciation 18
  • San Diego, California!!!
Foods that bother baby
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 21:33:22 pm »
Anything with Tomatoes or Tomatoe sauce did it in for Charis.
Jennifer

Jack 6/01/01
Charis 5/15/03

annamum

Foods that bother baby
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 00:27:30 am »
If I had strawberries Anna had green poops. Caffeine made her very very awake and restless, too.

Offline Garrett's mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Foods that bother baby
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 19:13:33 pm »
I have to avoid chocolate, anything with tomatoes(spaghetti, pizza, etc), peanuts, any caffeine, beans, fried foods, any kind of spices like in Italian dressing or even pepper and garlic, citrus, and a lot of vegetables.
I eat a lot of subway, and soup. It is amazing what we give up. But I am more than happy to.