Author Topic: Consolidating Naps and Schedule Help  (Read 1176 times)

Offline dallinsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Consolidating Naps and Schedule Help
« on: November 03, 2005, 17:59:05 pm »
I guess the title says it all. We need to change our schedule up a bit and I'm not quite sure how/what to do. DS is eating every three hours; however, he's ready to take longer naps. For the past week he's been doing more of an EAES-type schedule. He's been taking two long naps each day; approximately two hours each. However, when I try moving him to a four hour schedule he's waking early for the feeding. I don't want to get in the habit of eating right before naptime; however, that's what's worked best lately. I'm considering starting a little oatmeal (he's 5 months and 17 lbs.) and wondering if that will help stretch us to a four hour EASY? Any advice?

Yesterday looked like this:

7:00 awake
8:00 nursing (fell asleep while nursing for 40 minutes)
8:40 awake
11:00 nursing
11:30-1:30 nap
2:00 nursing
3:30-5:00 nap
5:00 nursing
6:30 bath, etc.
7:30 nursing
7:45 bedtime

(Wakes at 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. to eat)

I'm wondering if because he's falling asleep at the 8:00 nursing if he's still actually tired in the morning? I'm also just wondering how to fix the naps; it's like he can only stay awake for two hours-but, doesn't nap for longer than 45 minutes if we put him down too early. And then with the nursing waking him it's causing all kinds of problems with him learning to stay asleep on his own.

I'm considering this schedule:

7:00 awake
8:30 breastfeed
9:30 solids
10:30-12:30 nap
12:30 breastfeed
2:30-4:30 nap
4:30 breastfeed
6:30 bath, etc.
7:00 breastfeed and bed

Do you think the solids will help him be able to transfer to a four hour schedule easier? Any advice or sharing of your schedules would be great. This is a hard time period, it seems like we're changing things up constantly. Thanks ladies. :)

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Consolidating Naps and Schedule Help
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 23:37:34 pm »
Hi, I'll try to help...but first can you clarify

-why you wait 1hr before feeding from awaking for the day?  Is is because if you feed at 7am the next feed is in the middle of nap time? 

-He is napping well, why do you want to change things just now?

PS: did you look at schedules in the EASY Forum