Author Topic: Some encouragement for mummys of non sleepers  (Read 943 times)

Offline fidelma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Some encouragement for mummys of non sleepers
« on: November 03, 2005, 19:26:17 pm »
Just for those of you who are at the end of your tether with a non sleeper.... after 19 months of not really ever sleeping through, and many attempts of sleep training, ds has slept through 2 nights in a row and is happy to go down for naps and bedtime awake and without me in the room.... this next bit I am so pleased about I just had to share. I put him to bed about 20 mins ago, then I just heard him calling 'mama' so I went in and he asked for a drink, had one then lay down and I left. I never dreamed I would see the day, it's the first time he hasn't cried for me, but called me instead.
Good luck all and hang in there.. it will happen one day

Offline N Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 64
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 20:03:06 pm »
Congrats Fildelma!!
All your hard work paid off then!!

Gonna share your secret?......... :D  :wink:
Nina Lou

Offline fidelma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 08:34:45 am »
thanks Nina - mmmm you know I am not sure I have a secret. I think I was just lucky that ds decided he was ready to sleep (or you could say unlucky that it took 19 months to get here).
However what I did was leave the room, I really think that me staying in there with him was disturbing him. I tried moving towards the door gradually but that just upset him every step of the way. So we went cold turkey, but no CC or CIO. I left him for no more that 30 secs at a time, and I think it really reassured him that I was not abandoning him.

Anyway here's to 4 months sleep before #2 arrives!!!

Fidelma