Author Topic: breat pumps  (Read 1306 times)

Offline moosa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
breat pumps
« on: November 03, 2005, 20:39:05 pm »
Which is better electric or mnual pumps I want to breast feed and feed ebm

mommytsa

breat pumps
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 20:44:38 pm »
It really depends on what your needs are in a breast pump as to which is better.  If youare going back to work full time, you may want an electrical lpump that does both breasts at the same time (so it goes a bit faster).  If you are only giving an occasional bottle, you may find that the manual pump is more comfortable (and cheaper). 

If you would like, I can recommend an electric pump if you decide to go that route.

annamum

breat pumps
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 00:34:14 am »
I agree that it depends on how much you want to use it. For an occasional bottle I was satisfied with Medela Harmony manual pump. It has two operating modes, first one is simulating a latch on to get a let-down and the second one is a regular one. I was able to express 6 oz in less than 5 minutes, but I have abundance of milk  and never had problems with supply.

Offline webfoot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
breat pumps
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 06:31:43 am »
Oh definately. If you are working and pumping every day, get yourself a top of the line, the best you can afford. You are commiting to at least 15-30 min a day with the darn thing so get one that works effieciently for you! However if it'll only be ocassionally then just something that works well. There is a big difference between a top of the line and a rinky dink hand hand-held.
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

Offline jbepko

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
breat pumps
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 15:17:45 pm »
I EBF my 3 month old DS and pump 4 times a day (work-full time) and LOVE my medela pump in style.
Jeni

Offline kzener

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
breat pumps
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 18:11:56 pm »
I have 2 pumps.  1 manual pump - Avent's Isis and an electic - Ameda's Purely Yours.  I use my electric pump when I'm at work or want to pump both breasts quickly.  I use the manual pump when I'm trying to get my supply up and want to pump one breast while feeding on the other, or right after a bfing session.  I really like having both, but clearly one or the other would do.