Author Topic: 13 month old frequent night wakings  (Read 1063 times)

Offline npeters

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 04, 2005, 15:10:31 pm »
I hope that someone may be able to shed some light onto my situation with my son.  He's 13 months old and still wakes up frequently during the night.  Lately it's been at least 5 times and he wakes up screaming and writhing.  I can hear gas in his belly and I think this may be the problem.  I still nurse him and we cosleep.  I tried the gas drops one night but this did not seem to help.  Does anyone have any info that may help my son (and myself) to get through the night without waking?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
13 month old frequent night wakings
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 20:40:12 pm »
Not to critisise your co-sleeping, but from my understanding of babies that co-sleep they will wake more frequently esp if they get nursed back to sleep when they wake up.
I am guessing here that your lo wakes up & you nurse him back to sleep. Does he also fall asleep nursing at the start of the night? If so he has that association with falling asleep & also that would mean he probably isn't burped after feeding.
Also at 13months (or did you mean 13 weeks??)  I assume he has plenty of solids so it may be a food allergy & even if he younger he may have an allergy to food you eat. I would also look at eliminating foods to see if it improves.
I've never needed to do elimintation diets, but if you think this might be the case, I would suggest posting a question on the breastfeeding board about foods to eliminate from your diet & for your lo, got to the weaning & solids forum
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05