Author Topic: suddenly dislikes all activity he used to love? help!  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
suddenly dislikes all activity he used to love? help!
« on: November 01, 2005, 13:47:00 pm »
hi,
jake is nearly 4 months old.He used to love his gym, and just generally being on his back babbling. Last week he rolled over, and now thats all he'll do. Fine, except he cries when he's on his tummy, and cries if he's rolled back! He also seems to dislike being in his low chair for any time too.  I need some ideas to help him be happy, while he grows into his new skills! Any advice appriciated.
Liz x

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline amheusser

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 20:59:46 pm »
Maybe something with more motion, like a swing would help?  Or if he's pretty sturdy with holding up his head, the exersaucer was a huge hit with my dd1 (though #2 didn't love it).  Do your gym toys detach?  Just switching them around may regain his interest in them.
Aubrey
-------------------------------

Offline Lindy Loo

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • DS Jun 2005, DD Dec 2008
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:01:17 pm »
Hi there

My DS is the same age and began doing the same for the last few weeks. The only thing he'll stay in and be happy for a prolonged period of time is a giant rubber ring which allows him to sit propped up on the floor and where I have thrown in all his favourite toys and rattles. The one I have also has an activity arch on it with a huge mirror at the top which he loves.
He has only rolled over once but loves tummy time so I try to do that a few times during the day with a toy just out of reach so he has something to aim for rather than just getting frustrated and eventually licking the carpet !!
Good luck
Linda

Offline Liz R

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 11:11:07 am »
thanks for the replies, I had to LOL when I read the "ends up licking the carpet" from Linda :lol: . I suppose once they can sit unaided this will help. I can't believe how different he is to my girls.

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited