Author Topic: Is she trying to tell me Something???  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • And now there are two...
Is she trying to tell me Something???
« on: November 04, 2005, 02:01:45 am »
First of all I apologise if this has been posted already I'm Not sure if I succeded in posting it .
My Lo is 6.5 months and the for the past couple of days she has been having a terribly middle nap. Her 1st nap is usually 1-1/1/2 hours and then she is awake for around 2hours she is usally very ready for bed and goes down easily. Problem is she wakes after 30 mins talking and sqeeling like there is a little party in there! Yesterday I tried for 1/1/2 hours to get  her to go back to sleep as her 1st nap was horrible only 30 mins. The result both of us frustrated and cranky by the end of the day she was so whingy!!! Today I only tried for 20 mins as she is happy and is playing quite happily now.. I guess I want to know How Long do I perservere with trying to get her to go back to sleep. Is she trying to tell me something? Need more A time even though she looks tired???? I'm confused as this time last week everything seemed on track longer naps better sleep at night. She generally needs aroun 3hours 10mins of naps to keep her having happy nights.I saw on the announcement they only require 2.25 hrs at this age?t I dont want to have another day like yesterday today .Any advice would be great.

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 02:31:52 am »
Forgot to add that she only stays awake an hour after the short naps. Which throws everything out for that day:(

Diego's Mama

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 00:58:17 am »
Is she nearing any developmental milestones like sitting/crawling, etc.?

What if you just leave her be when she wakes but is happy.  If you don't go in perhaps she'll go back to sleep on her own.

She may be transitioning to two naps also.  You can gradually increase her awake time by ten or fifteen minute increments every few days so she adjusts slowly.  That usually makes it easier.

:)

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 05:58:14 am »
Hmmmm. Maybe on the verge of crawling.. WHo knows... I have been afraid to stretch her awake time as she has been getting so overtired. Thanks for your advicex

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 15:27:54 pm »
I'm going through a similar situation right now, although mine is refusing the 3rd nap (catnap) altogether. She's a little over 6 months now. It sounds like we're in the same boat, although our lo's are having difficulty with different naps.

During nap time, I usually just leave her if she wakes, but I keep an eye on whether she puts herself back to sleep or whether she stays up, because I can figure out when to put her down next. She usually puts herself back to sleep (well, most of the time). We've been slowly extending her A time, working our way toward 3 hours of A time so she's down to two naps. I think she's certainly ready for it, it has been helping little by little. If she wakes and can't get back to sleep, I try to help for 30-40 mins (sometimes I let her play quietly on her back for 10 mins, then try to get her back to sleep, that usually does the trick), then get her up, even though I know she's still tired. I keep her up though for her full A time if possible.

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005