Author Topic: Should I give in????  (Read 1177 times)

lil'monkey

Should I give in????
« on: November 04, 2005, 03:35:46 am »
DD was a wonderful sleeper.  She goes to bed awake and can fall back asleep should she wakes in the middle of the night.  Nothing in her day has changed much other than the fact that I think that she is in the midst of dropping a nap.  The majority of the time, she would take 2- 1.5 hr naps during the day and sleep around 11 hrs at night.  However, for the last week, she would whine/moan off and on at around 4 am.  By 5:45 am, I had to go get her.  She used to wake very happy at around 6 - 6:30 am.

After eliminating several factors (illness, sep anxiety, noise, temp of room, etc), I suspect taht the reason is hunger due to teething.  Her intake of food and milk has decrease ( due to teething or independence?) during the day and thus she is hungry in the early morning hour.  I can't seem to get any more food in her during the day and I have tried increasing her bedtime bottle to 12 oz but these early morning episodes are still here.  Should I give her the bottle at that time and put her back to bed? Or should I try the df?

BTW, dd is 12 mos and she hasn't had a bottle in the middle night since she was 4-5 mos.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Should I give in????
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 20:54:14 pm »
honestly I would ride it out... keep offering more food in the day & it will sort it's self out if she has done it in the past. Otherwise you will start a habit you don't want
I'd also suggest trying to up her protien late in the day. I know when my ds#1 went through a not eating stage I would offer healthy snacks almost hourly. rather than just meal times & for me I found that sometimes I just wastn't feeding him at "the right times for his body"
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline keaton&parker's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 03:38:35 am »
Hi...I was reading your post and have been struggling too with having my son feed enough during the day.  I thought he wasn't drinking as much because of teething, being distracted or something, but then it dawned on me to try switching bottle nipples to a faster flow nipple.  He previously was snacking, taking only 3 to 4 oz at a time.  Since the new nipples, he is drinking 5-6 oz, and tonight drank 8 oz before bed.  I don't know if that helps you or not....take care.

lil'monkey

Should I give in????
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 12:52:41 pm »
Thank you for the replies.  DD is already on the fastest flowing nipple and I have also cut a slit in them as well.  I think that I will just offer her food more often and not be too concern about set meal times.  Boy, once you figure them out, they throw you a curve ball.   :roll: