Author Topic: whats this ear piercing screaming about?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
whats this ear piercing screaming about?
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:28:25 am »
For the last few nights DS has woken about 1 hour after going to bed,   (after all the usual; bath, nice music, swaddle, feed etc) SREAMING like he's in some kind of pain.
The first night he did it I ran upstairs, but by the time I got to his room he'd stopped. So in the spirit of "don't rush in" I peeped round the door and he was fast asleep!  :?
Last night I just listened on the monitor and again he stopped after about 30 secs. He has just learnt to roll over, and this appears to have messed everything else up, so is  this to blame? I don't really expect an explaination really, but did this happen to you LO?

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline ella&jack'smum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 54
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 13:25:53 pm »
I found that Jack had periods of doing this - usually when he was working to, or had just achieved a developmental milestone like your lo. He still does it sometimes - goes from silence to full pitched scream to silence again within 30 seconds, so I just leave him to it and only go in if it goes longer. I'ts amazing how they can make that much noise and be very much asleep a minute later - shame it wakes the rest of the house up though!
Sue

Ella Rose 07/09/02
Jack Rowan 15/03/04
Stratford upon Avon, England

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 22:13:56 pm »
I agree with Sue.  If he gets himself back to sleep, don't worry about it.  It sounds like it's the milestone that's affecting him.  If this continues for too long, though, make sure to mention it to his doctor.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna