Author Topic: swaddling  (Read 1245 times)

Offline joannec

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
swaddling
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:31:26 am »
Hi,
a question about my method of swaddling and safety. I swaddle DS with both arms down by his side and swaddle him quite firmly. I f I don't do it this way he is out of the wrap in no time flat and usually wakes himself up crying with those arms flailing about. Same thing happens when he gets one arm out and can even get to the other to suck his hand through the fabric. As it is, he's quite the Houdini and gets out once or twice a day most days. He's just started rolling from tummy to back but not the other way. Any safety issues/tips would be appreciated. He is put to sleep swaddled and on his back.
Cheers, Jo
Jo
DS - Noah born 29/7/05

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
swaddling
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:28:11 pm »
Meg's Mom has said in a post similar to this (posted by me) try a miracle blanket.  I have ordered one. 

I wrap my DD in the same way and on her back, she always breaks out and cries to be reswaddled. So I am going to try this miracle blanket and see if that works.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
swaddling
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 19:40:33 pm »
many moms swear by doing the aussie swaddle using the miracle blanket.  instructions are at the top of this forum.

as a side note, i remember hearing somewhere that once your lo regularly flips over & sleeps on his tummy you should not swaddle them because of safety concerns.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline jbepko

• Showing Appreciation 32
swaddling
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 19:44:14 pm »
I've had really good luck with SwaddleMe blankets..cheaper than miracle blanket.
Jeni

Offline joannec

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
swaddling
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 22:21:53 pm »
Can someone please explain what the miracle blanket is, I've never heard of one before this website  :oops:  but everyone seems to be talking about them? If someone could direct me to a link, even better. Not sure if they're available in Australia.
Cheers, Jo :)
Jo
DS - Noah born 29/7/05

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
swaddling
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 11:46:33 am »
it's a brand name for a really big blanket, & i think it has pockets for the feet & maybe the hands:
http://www.miracleblanket.com/

i have no idea if you can get them in australia - never actually used them myself.  when luke got too big for his blankets, i used a twin size bedsheet folded in half.  you can also cut the sheet since it's getting warm down there right now.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
swaddling
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 13:45:14 pm »
I used a fleece swaddle called kiddopotamus. I don't know what we would have done w/out it! It was wonderful- There is a little pocket to put baby down in and it velcros around like a little burrito.  :lol:
Meredith