Author Topic: Worried about DS naps at the babysitter  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Jrolph

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Worried about DS naps at the babysitter
« on: November 04, 2005, 15:38:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I am returning to work next week and we have done a trial run at the babysitters.  Everything went well with the exception of naps.  DS still has two naps a day one around 9:30 and another around 2:00.  I told this to the babysitter but I told her not to be too concerned if he wouldn't go for a nap at 9:30 because he has been starting to fight that one lately and since everything is new he might want to play.  Well of course she tried to lay him down but all he did was cry so she just left it at that.  I don't mind when this happens every once in a while but I am afraid that if he doesn't get his naps that he won't sleep at night and then I will be up all night with an overtired baby.  I have a hard time getting him to sleep during the day and I can't expect the babysitter to sit with him or rock or cuddle him until he goes to sleep because she has other kids to look after.  Do you think he will settle into his own routine at the babysitters and eventually start sleeping??  I don't want him to be a menace for her and I don't want a grump on my hands when I get home from work.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Jen

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Worried about DS naps at the babysitter
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 20:46:56 pm »
so far.... i had to deal with a grumpy baby at first until he/she got used to the new routine.  then things settled in and they napped great at the sitters.

i have been known to throw in a catnap to get us to bedtime when i get home... or some days bedtime is just a little earlier.

my 2 cents  :wink:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy