Author Topic: Breastfeeding  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Lara's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
« on: November 04, 2005, 16:33:02 pm »
Hi... Does anyone know if there is such a thing as weak breast milk? my 3-week old baby sometimes nurses for 30-40 min. and after she gets off, starts crying 20-40 min. later. At first i thought i was probably misreading her cues, because i'd just fed her, so i'd try soothing, cuddling, diaper check... and when all else failed, i'd try to see whether she was hungry or not, and she'd feed again as if the first time was play. And the thing is she's not sleeping the first time, i can see rythmic movement in her cheek and hear her swallowing. other times, she'd feed for 10-15 min., then doze off for 20 mor minutes and wake up to continue the feed. Does anyone else have the same problem.  :roll:
Shahira
Mum to Lara, Born 13/10/05
Spirited Textbook Libran

Offline stressybessy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Breastfeeding
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 16:49:51 pm »
Dont know if there is such a thing as weak breast milk but I had this prob with my eldest..so i expressed off a bottle to see how much i was producing and was only getting 3 oz. I had to top her up with a bottle until i increased my milk by pumping after feeds.. Hope this helps

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Breastfeeding
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 19:34:24 pm »
There is a large growth spurt at about 3 weeks old. Baby will want to feed around the clock and not sleep well. It usually lasts 24-72 hrs, usually shorter if you nurse on demand during this time. She's increasing your supply!

Enjoy her sleepiness after the growth spurt.  :wink:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

annamum

Breastfeeding
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 23:19:41 pm »
I would also vote for a growth spurt. It is hard, baby seems to be feeding all the time but it will get better.