Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 953 times)

Offline Lara's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
« on: November 04, 2005, 16:54:45 pm »
Heyyyy....i don't understand something about my three week old. first of all, she has a very hard time getting herself to sleep, she seems to not want to miss out on all the fun going on around in the world... :D , once she does though, she sleeps for sometimes 45 min and it's multiples upto 2.5 hours if i'm there to pat her when she comes out of her sleep cycle, if i'm not there or miss out on her cues, she's up after the first 45 min. and it's fairly easy to say that she's cranky. other times, if she has slept her 2.5-3hr. sleep, she'd wake up eat, diaper change and then sleep again or eat and stay awake sometimes up to 2 other feedings have come up, at which point she is so tired she can't go to sleep. i've tried the pat/shh, but she keeps waking up 5 min later. HEEELLLLPPP, will all this pass? am i being too concerned because sh's only 3 weeks old.... first babies are so hard to understand :oops:
Shahira
Mum to Lara, Born 13/10/05
Spirited Textbook Libran

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Sleep
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 19:49:32 pm »
you could very well have a spirited lo on your hands.   :wink:  they hate to miss out on the fun stuff!

waking at the 45-min mark is all too common  :roll: .  the idea behind the pat/shh is to help her learn how to transition back into a deep sleep cycle again.  with any luck, your baby will learn it quickly, but it can take forever with some of them!!!

at 3 weeks typical awake time is usually 30-min to less than an hour, and that includes feeding time.  even if you don't see the sleep signals, go & try putting her down before she gets past an hour to avoid the overtiredness. 

yes it will pass, and the sleep you will eventually get will be heavenly!!!   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy