12-18 months
6 (37.5%)
18-24 months
0 (0%)
24 months +
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 04, 2005, 17:07:09 pm

Author Topic: When to Eliminate the Bottle  (Read 864 times)

Offline bheemeryck

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
When to Eliminate the Bottle
« on: November 04, 2005, 17:07:09 pm »
I know I've got a little while to go before I need to worry about this, but my DH and I were wondering about when people start to make the permanent switch from a bottle to a cup. Right now I give my DS his bottle upon awaking from sleeps/naps, then food ~1hr later, and that system works great for now, but when (approx) do the 'bottle feedings' stop and the cup becomes the liquid feeder of choice? Thanks!!
Becky
Mom to Alex(01-26-2005)

Offline HoneyB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 18:27:13 pm »
Hi Becky,
We switched from bottle of formula to sippy cup of water during the day first (around 10 months i think...) Once soldis were fully established, we offered them first, with a cup of water, then milk afterwards.  She started to drink less and less, then refused the milk altogether.
The formula in the morning was replaced with cows milk a around 1 year and put into one of her suppy cups. We got lucky wth the bedtime bottle as she had a tummy bug and refused it 3 nights running, so we switched that for a cup of milk too (15 months)
HTH

H

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
When to Eliminate the Bottle
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 03:50:11 am »
WE stopped bottles cold turkey about one week after ds first birthday when we ran out of formula and switched to milk.  He did fine with it and forgot about the bottle pretty quick although it did take a while to get his milk consumption up which I think had more to do with the change to milk than the change to the cup.