Author Topic: Dropped afternoon nap  (Read 1276 times)

Offline TracyW

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 04, 2005, 20:19:53 pm »
My daughter is 11 months old, and she has recently decided that she will not take an afternoon nap.  She goes down right away for her morning nap and at bedtime, but she screams for the entire afternoon nap.  (I leave her for about 30-45 minutes.  It's heartbreaking.) 
She sleeps 11 1/2 to 12 hours at night (7pm-6:30/7am)
Her morning are from 9-10:30/11.

I keep reading that infants will drop their morning naps, but she wants her morning nap and will actually cry if I don't put her down.  She always stops once she's in her bed.  The afternoon nap is the exact opposite.

I've tried making her afternoon nap later (1:30 or 2 instead of 1), but that hasn't helped.  I've tried pushing the morning nap later, but she's tired.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks
Tracy

Diego's Mama

Dropped afternoon nap
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:03:14 am »
I'd move the morning nap later in gradual increments, ten to fifteen minutes later every few days.

:)

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Dropped afternoon nap
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 02:52:22 am »
If you don't think she can go later in the am, you could also cut the am nap by 15min every few days until she will nap in the pm again.

We recently went to one nap but at 10mos we didn't want to go to 1 naps, so to slow this down you can control night sleep (no more then 11.5), am nap no more then 1hr and pm nap later in the day but no later then 3pm.

Offline lawnseed

• Lorna, mum to Iona, angel/spirited chatterbox, Eden, spirited delight and Tobias - thinking he's another angel/spirited!!
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Dropped afternoon nap
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 15:40:20 pm »
It's a relief I'm not alone!
dd is nearly 11 months old and yesterday and today she has just refused to take her afternoon nap, so I am also wondering what to do. All her sleep is a bit muddled at the mo, with a beautiful combination of jet lag (well that was three weeks ago, but she hasn't slept through the night since, very unusual - we usually get at least 11 1/2) teething and a cold. Was thinking about trying to go to one nap, but I'll try shortening her morning nap for a bit instead. Did anyone else go through this?

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Dropped afternoon nap
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 15:52:27 pm »
Oh yes...we have/are and there are several threads just now, feel free to just us in the roller coaster ride.

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/11-month-old-transition-2-1-naps-vp296255.html?highlight=#296255

or

http://babywhisperer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=301599#301599