Author Topic: Doidy Cup  (Read 971 times)

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
Doidy Cup
« on: November 05, 2005, 14:02:48 pm »
Hi! I am not sure if they have this outside the UK but my MIL bought a doidy cup for DS. I have tried valve sippy cups but I think he is too little to get sucking on it so hard , he tend to teeth on the nib but nothing else! Has anyone else got one of these and if so how easy is it to use? I get the impression I might need my raincoat on if I use it with DS :P  Any tip?!

Nome
X
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06

Offline HoneyB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 18:20:12 pm »
Hi, although I have no direct experience myself 4 of my mummy-buddies swore by them when first starting to get lo to drink from a cup, and tehy couldn't believe how simple it was. Having said that, when out and about they tend to use the valve type cups.
Like you I have collected pretty much every which cup going on the UK market, but with no joy, until we tried the Tommee Tippee cup. Its the one with two handles and a fold down spout, comes in red, blue or orange and is @ £2 in Tesco Superdrug etc.  DD is now 19mo and still drinks from it!
HTH

H

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
Doidy Cup
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 10:17:05 am »
Ds got the hang of the doidy cup pretty quickly.  I had to stop using them for a while - as he started banging any cup down on the table and he reaslised that the table will get wet - great fun!

I ditto the tommee tippee cup.  The standard 'old fashioned' one with a spout and holes.  It will spill, but the no-spill ones are way too hard to suck through.  Now at age nearly 2 - he uses the tommee tippee ones for milk and other beakers etc with a non-spill valve for water if we are out and about.

Otherwise it's open cup / straw.

He got the hang of using a straw very quickly at about age 1, but could have tried earlier.  i used the peter rabbit organic diluted juice.  Once I squeezed a little juice into his mouth he got the idea to suck pretty quickly.

Hope these ideas will help.

alex