Author Topic: Confused:(  (Read 1220 times)

Offline vankaa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 05, 2005, 15:08:52 pm »
Hi there,
I am so confused. My DD is 8 weeks old and has been on EASY since birth.
It all seemed to go well for a while but now our day is a mess.

DD is awake for an hour, than sleeps for an hour or a bit less. When she wakes up she is smiling, but in a few minutes time she starts screaming. It seems as she is hungry, but eats a bit, then cries a bit and so on.
We have a habermann feeder, I was wondering if that does not have fast enough flow her anymore.
Should she be on a 3hours routine by now???
Take care

Vankaa

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Confused:(
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 16:58:35 pm »
Hi,
If bottlefeeding I would think she would be ready for 3 hours at 8 weeks.  I've never had experience with the habermann feeder so I can't help you there  :(   Does her crying seem that she is in pain?  Or frustration?  You could try to extend her feedings as maybe she isn't hungry yet or try a faster nipple.
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline vankaa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 19:42:20 pm »
I think she is in pain, as during the night we don't have this problem. I am breastfeeding as well, but I think the reason why she is still not on 3 hours because I am not managing well her time.

I've tried to extend her afternoon nap from 45 mins to 1,5 hours. It is hard work as I must stay with her for the whole time and shush pat. But it pays of in the evening as she is not that tired.

My problem is that I know she is ready for a change but as she is spirited it is hard work and I don't know how to start.
She used to sleep nearly through the night from 8pm till 5-6am but it is out of the window as well.  Last night she woke up twice.
Take care

Vankaa

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
Confused:(
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 01:15:17 am »
Have you considered gas?  It got real bad for my dd around that age.  Get some gas drops and give them before or after every feed, or straight in the bottle as I still do.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 03:29:08 am »
I have a spirited son, who when it came to any changes of schedule, he really let me know he was in need of something! As far as how to start, I think as even Tracy says in her books..be gradual--tap 15 minutes on etc..and eventually you and your daughter will be where she needs to be. I found that when he was in need of change everything was going out of sorts...so I took the hint, and since he is 5 months..he has been on 4 hour EASY since 4 months..once you've accomplished it you'll forget how hard it was!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.