Author Topic: Introducing a dreamfeed at 11 weeks  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
Introducing a dreamfeed at 11 weeks
« on: November 05, 2005, 18:22:07 pm »
Hi again

I posted a week ago about the dreaded 45 minute naps!!

Mia is still only sleeping for 45 minutes in the day at a time, but I've managed to get her back in the cot for most of them.  Like a lot of moms I've resigned myself to them.  I was getting too stressed out about them and it was ruining not just my day - but my life!!

I've figured if I can get her to have a 45 minute nap morning lunchtime and afternoon, I can "top up" her sleep with a bit of accidental parenting - buggy or car ride.  V.naughty I know but it's either that or anti-depressants at the moment!!

Anyway, I'm yet again looking for a bit of advice.  Mia is waking between 5 and 6 and not resettling so we are feeding her, treating it as a nightfeed ie no talking and putting her straight back to bed.  She doesn;t go back to sleep meaning a very early start for her, which wouldn't be too much of a problem but with the 45 minute nap situation I've got one very stressed out little girl come the end of the day.

We were putting her to bed at 6.30pm and we're pushing it now as close to 7pm as we can, but I'm just wondering about doing a dreamfeed.  I've never done one.  My hv advised me to let Mia 'demand feed' after we put her to bed and she slowly dropped all her feeds...but just recently we've got this early morning waking...I think the clocks going back and slightly brighter mornings haven't helped, but anyway - has anyone had an experience with introducing a dreamfeed at around 11 weeks to try and solve early morning wakings - and did you have any success??

Any advice greatly received.

Louise
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy

Offline cofourcade

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 22:20:24 pm »
Hi Louise. I have just introduced dream feed at 15 weeks, I'm on night number two of doing it. I have just dealt with dummy that had become a prop and am on day 9 of PU/PD to sort out that problem. Before having that problem, my lo would sleep 10-13 hours straight without a feed but doesn't do that anymore, so I thought I'd give the dreamfeed a try. I hadn't before, because I'm breastfeeding and it seemed impossible to me to get him to feed while sleeping. I had tried it with his big brother and didn't manage. So, I tried it for the first time last night and he did really well, started sucking immediately. Done it again tonight and same success. Last night he woke up at 05:45 which was better than the previous nights. I'm waiting to see what time he wakes up tonight. I'll keep you posted.

If I were you, I think I'd give it a try... Good luck!
[img width= height= alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/cofourcade/corinne3.jpg[/img]

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 18:10:16 pm »
Hi, thanks for your post

After a couple of days thinking about it - I've decided not to do it.....mainly because I'm terrified that she'll wake up fully and won't get back off to sleep and then I'll really have problems!

I'm sure if I could get a feed into her she'd sleep a wee bit longer but dh and my mom are dead set against it - for the reason above, so I'm going to give it another week and see.

Funnily enough, the past couple of mornings she has gone back off to sleep after a little bit of shouting and cooing so perhaps she's sorted herself out

Now if only she could sort out these 45 minute naps.......... :cry:
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy