Author Topic: Increasing fat in ds' diet  (Read 1246 times)

Offline {{{Angela}}}

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • pillowhead designs - hand embroidered goodies
Increasing fat in ds' diet
« on: November 05, 2005, 19:00:17 pm »
DS just got weighed recently and he has gained any between 14 and 16 months.  He's also dropped off the percentile charts in terms of weight.  The doctor said we should try to get him to eat more carbs and protein foods, and increase the fat in his diet.  DS loves his fruits and veggies, but doesn't eat much dairy or meat.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to increase the amount of fat he eats?  He does eat a variety of foods - chicken, ground beef, sausages, rice, pasta, breads, but just not in any great quantity.  He prefers his toast and pasta plain :shock:, so I can spread or mix anything to them, or he won't eat them. 

The last 2 days I've been trying to encourage him to eat more carbs and meat, also in the hopes of keeping the food in him longer so he can absorb more - usually, when he eats a lots of fruit/veg, it just passes through him quite quickly.  The doctor said not to worry and I know I shouldn't (he grew 4 cm, and is developing normally physically and mentally), but I am anyway.   :?
Angela
mommy to Xavier and Zinnia

hand embroidered goodness at http://pillowhead.etsy.com