Author Topic: Question re: rolling over  (Read 1616 times)

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Question re: rolling over
« on: November 06, 2005, 14:11:19 pm »
My lo just started rolling from back to tummy....  but this seems to be all he does now.   He can't roll back the other way yet so we need to pick him up and place him onto his back after each successful roll or else he becomes fussy. 

My question, how long does this last?  days?  weeks?  months? 

I'm not concerned just curious.  I'm so happy he has found something new that he can do!!!   :D

Thanks,

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

stasztk

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 17:13:50 pm »
Kaitie has not figured out how to roll the other way yet. But I think it has to do with how much interest the child has in it. Kaitie really doesn't care.

How fun..Don't you love this age?

Offline ~BeckyD~

• Showing Appreciation 67
  • Devon, England
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 17:18:55 pm »
How old is Katie? DS has no interest either and he is just over 4 months?? DD rolled back to tummy at 5 months but a lot of babies on here seem to be doing it a lot sooner? Just a wondering...!

stasztk

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 17:20:53 pm »
Kaitie was born June 29

Offline albertasweetpea

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Our Dolly Molly - October 2007
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 23:47:39 pm »
Hi there!! Don't feel bad...Molly is over 6 months and still not rolling from tummy to back!!  :shock:
We had our 6 month pediatrician visit on Friday and I mentioned it and all the Dr. said was "Dhe'll do it when she's ready! Just keep having her spend tummy time and encouraging her and eventually you will look away and she will have rolled!"
It's very frustrating as Molly is a back sleeper and is swaddled so when she gets unswaddled she rolls to her tummy and calls out to be turned back over!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  :shock:
~Michelle (Spruce Grove, AB, Canada)

[img=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png[/img]
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img=http://tickers.baby-gag

Offline ForeverHopeful

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 14:56:57 pm »
Jodie~definitely don't worry about it.  I stressed about Owen not doing things early on.  But he just did things when he was ready.  He sat up at 6 months but didn't roll over on both sides until he was nearer 8 months.  He's now a fantastic crawler and pulling himself up to walk  :D

Offline ginger

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 03:13:59 am »
I just read something about babies rolling over 2-3 months later than  what they used to (3-5 months) because babies are put on their backs to sleep (to help avoid SIDS) and therefore have less practice rolling.  This theory does make sense...

Offline lizzie27

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 19:14:54 pm »
I think rolling over at 3 months is great. I have been worried about my DD - she is 5 1/2 months and makes very little effort to roll over.

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 19:21:19 pm »
Caeden rolled back to front at 3 1/2 months and is now 5 months and has not rolled the other way yet - and doesn't really try!
I wouldn't worry - but it could go on a while!
He does get frustrated on his tummy too long so we end up rolling him back over, and when he is trying to sleep and does it - it does get frustrating. But they will roll in their own time!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 20:52:20 pm »
Despite being a big strong boy William is showing no inclination to roll at all yet. He's very active on his back and also has great neck strength and pushes with his legs when on his front but shows absolutely no signs of linking the two bless him - despite encouragement from rolling exercises shown to me by my health visitor and toys etc..
I'm really not worried as I know he will do things in his own sweet time... says she who talked and could argue at just over 1 year old but didnt walk till over 2 years of age!!! (I still talk to much and am a lazy wotsit now!)

Helen xx