Author Topic: wakes up screaming  (Read 1035 times)

Offline glee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:26:09 am »
my LO is a little over 8 mths and for the last month or so, he's wake from his night sleep sreaming and it sounds like with fear! Is this normal? Puts him to sleep approx 7 - 730 pm and then by 8 or 9 pm every single day, he wakes up screaming. Sometimes he does it all thro the nigh but sometimes, just wakes up in the night but the sreaming definitely occurs at least once before the DF. Does anyone else have a similar prob or knows what it means??

Offline cymonguk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:29:47 pm »
Is he in his own room? I know infants at 7months up start to have separation anxiety, do you put him to sleep on his own? Do you go in a pick him up if he wakes during the night upset?

Offline glee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 13:13:44 pm »
no he sleeps in our bedroom with his bed next to ours. Does it matter if I pick him for a quick cuddle? It got better today coz there was no tears and he settled immediately in 2 mins. Fingers crossed, the night time will be ok! (don't want to jinx it!)

Offline cymonguk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 13:21:32 pm »
If he is waking up during the night crying, or even i the morning I think it is recommended you pick them up, cuddle them and then put them down once they are happy, around this age they start to understand who mummy and daddy are, but they dont develop the understanding about you coming back till later, so they wake up in fear because they cant see you, and dont understand you will come for them.

If you leave them I believe it can cause them to become more distressed and they begin to believe you wont come back.

As long as you put them back down before they are asleep, and only comfort them , I believe this is how Tracey taught it.