Author Topic: Short napper who wakes happy but is miserable by next feed  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
Short napper who wakes happy but is miserable by next feed
« on: November 07, 2005, 14:50:19 pm »
In a way it's so much easier to shh pat a crying baby back to sleep than it is an alert, happy one who wants to play!  I don't know what to do!  She is in transition to a 4 hour routine and her naps can be as little as 30 minutes.  But she wakes up ready to play and has NO interest in more sleep, no matter how much reswaddling, patting, etc I do.  Do I let her have play time and then put her down for another nap before the next feed?  Is the whole point in extending naptime to have one continous deeper sleep or is it OK to have two quickies?

Thanks!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Short napper who wakes happy but is miserable by next feed
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 01:34:18 am »
I'm the mother of a former 30 minute napper.  I was never able to get 2 "quickies" in one cycle, and I'd have a grumpy baby on my hands most of the time.  However, if your lo is willing and ready for another nap before the next feed, I'd let her.  If not, just do the best you can to occupy her.  She probably gets going again after eating and is able to play some more.  Then just watch her sleep cues and put her down when she's tired again.
It will work itself out.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007