Author Topic: Any UK mummies take their little ones to gymbabes?  (Read 1770 times)

Daniel's mummy

Any UK mummies take their little ones to gymbabes?
« on: November 07, 2005, 19:22:58 pm »
I was just hoping for some advice really.  Today I took my ds along to gymbabes (part of tumbletots program).  It was really good.  He loved it even though he doesn't even crawl yet.  He still had such fun on all the equipment and then practically exploded with excitment during the circle time at the start and finish :lol: .  I would love to continue taking him but it strikes me as being very expensive.  To become a member (which you have to do if you want to continue going) it costs £19 for the year, but then it's a further £4.50 each week.  The session only runs for 45 mins.  I was wondering if anyone else has any experience of gymbabes and can tell me whether you think it's worth the money.

Thanks.

Offline Jane D

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 19:51:35 pm »
Hi,

Yes, i took my ds to gymbabes and he's now at tumble tots.  He loves it and yes I agree it is very expensive but there is little other things of this nature about and i want to make sure he gets as much of a varied activity throughout his week as possible so am continuing it for the time being until he can enjoy other activities like painting classes or is at nursery.

Offline Tamara

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 20:36:46 pm »
Yeah, I've been taking DD since she was 8 months old, also unable to crawl at that point.  At that point I was actaully going more for me than her, but we're now most definitely going for her.

Went through a rocky point in the walking to 2 class as she didn't seem to like it very much and only seemed to enjoy the singing at the end bit, but now, in the 2-3s class, she's having a whale of a time and it's certainly deveopling conficence in her.

Stick at it, it's great.

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 21:20:51 pm »
Hi Hazel,

I was wondering if you could tell me how to find a local one of these classes, it sounds just what we are looking for? Although I agree, it does sound expensive.

Is there a website, or do I have to ask my HV (who I don't get on with  :roll:  but that's a whole other story).

TIA
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 23:00:26 pm »
Caroline, do a search for 'tumbletots' and it should come up with the main website.  Gymbabes is part of tumbletots.

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 09:42:18 am »
In fact just type in http://www.tumbletots.com

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 23:50:53 pm »
Thanks for that Hazel. I found the website really  :evil:  :P , so I've emailed them for someone to call me with details. It does sound like the sort of thing I've been looking for, so hopefully it'll work out, and we'll be off to Gymbabes very soon!
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston