Author Topic: dream feed??  (Read 1226 times)

Offline belandbaby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
dream feed??
« on: November 08, 2005, 03:00:12 am »
My 10 week old son has started to sleep through the night - well from about 8-9 pm to 3-4am. I usually feed him and then bath etc so he is going about 7-8 hours between feeds. I'd like to try the dream feed, but my son has reflex and is very gassy...plus I don't know how to bf without waking him...burping would do that.....he definely needs burping after every feed. Should I wake him and hope he goes bck to sleep?

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 03:06:33 am »
Im your neighbour...Kinda......in Hamilton. Anyways....I was skeptical about the dreamfeed initially, worried because he was such a bad sleeper etc..that it would make things worse etc. Now, I no longer breast feed, but my son was the worst sleeper ever(due to my lack of reading signs etc) and I was amazed at how well this works. You may get even more hours out of him if you do DF. Im not an expert.and you mentioned reflux.....but just thought Id share my thoughts with you. He is now 5 months old and sleeps from 7:30 pm until 6:45-7:00 am...
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
dream feed??
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 10:33:19 am »
not everyone has success with Df as it does depend on the baby whetehr it is actually helping with reducing night feeds.  if you are happy with a feed between 3-4am (which woudl be normal for 10 weeks even with a 10pm DF) i woudl carry on without it so you don't stress about upsetting his reflux, but i don't have any personal experience with reflux...  i suggest you ask some of the experienced moms on the reflux board as they woudl be best to advise you.  good luck!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified