Author Topic: Eating woes at 18 months  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: November 08, 2005, 13:31:20 pm »
Carmela used to eat everything we put in front of her and a lot of it.  She was such a good eater, it was great.  But the last two weeks or even longer, I have no clue how she continues to function!  She hardly eats and forget veggies (which used to be her favorite) ... she won't even try it anymore.  Her diet consists of fruit, chicken nuggets and mac & cheese!  I know they were supposed to not eat as much as they hit toddlerhood but are they supposed to be this picky?  What can I do to help her along?  I am not a picky eater at all and I really despise it!  Please help!

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Eating woes at 18 months
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 13:38:46 pm »
Just want to say that I understand how you feel.  I'm trying to get solids into my ds so that he will gain some weight but he still only wants to nurse.  He started eating them just fine but now he's dead set against them!!  I'm so frustrated too!!

{{{HUGS}}}  They'll get past that age and eat normally... someday.   :?  :)
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Eating woes at 18 months
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 20:24:44 pm »
I was just about to post a similar question to yours.  Our ds is 16 months and was doing great for a while (for him :D ).  He is teething and maybe thats the reason for the very picky eating.  Even more picky than before and like you I don't really understand it.  I also am not a picky eater.  I do not know how to help him along other than offer a variety of foods. But it gets old preparing things that he won't touch.  At what age do kids get less picky?  I also worry that he doesn't eat enough protien.  He has been boycotting meat, yogurt, etc.  :shock:
Julie

Offline Tonya

• Showing Appreciation 252
Eating woes at 18 months
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 21:05:03 pm »
I just posted this a few months ago!!

My son, at about the same age, went through stages where the ONLY foods he would eat were chicken nuggets and green beans.  And when I say stages, I mean WEEKS!!! :shock:

Now he is 20 months, and is getting better again.  I just kept offering the foods I wanted him to eat, while giivng him at least one choice of something I knew he would eat.

Do you give a vitamin?  Our ped gave me a liquid vitamin that has flouride (as our water doesn't have it) and that made me feel ALOT better about him being SO DARN PICKY!!!

Hang in there.  It's totally normal :roll:
Tonya
Mom to Nathan - "Chunky Butternut", 02/18/04
           Madison - "Princess Pea", 11/29/06