Author Topic: pacifier gone, now what? still waking at 2am and 3am  (Read 1072 times)

Offline kristidawn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
pacifier gone, now what? still waking at 2am and 3am
« on: November 08, 2005, 15:30:22 pm »
Alright, we got rid of the pacifier and our 5 1/2 month old is still waking around 2am and then again at 3am. Sometimes she does her mantra cry and then falls back asleep until 4am or 5am, but this isn't usuallly the case. She drinks 4 6oz. bottles in the day but the book recommends 5 plus the dream feed. How can you do 4 hour E.A.S.Y. with 5 bottles plus the df? I'm confused. She's also started rice cereal and will eat that up if I give it to her before the bottle but if it comes after the bottle she's not interested. We've tried wake to sleep to break the 2am pattern and that hasn't been successful. I'm starting to lose my mind and all I want is for her to sleep until 4 or 5 am.

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
pacifier gone, now what? still waking at 2am and 3am
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 22:57:35 pm »
Firstly, well done for getting rid of the paci, you're a better person than me!

To be honest, I don't have a great deal of advice for you, but I wanted to make sure you were answered. Can anyone help?

Quote (selected)
She's also started rice cereal and will eat that up if I give it to her before the bottle but if it comes after the bottle she's not interested

What I do is give ds half the bottle, then give the solids, then let him have as much of the rest of the bottle as he wants. May be worth a try?
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston