Author Topic: Do your toddlers wake up several times a night?  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Do your toddlers wake up several times a night?
« on: November 08, 2005, 11:47:17 am »
Carmela, 18 months old, wakes up at least five times every night. Usually it's even more than that and sometimes she's up for 2 hours!!!!!!! She doesn't cry, she just plays and talks and then will whine a bit and then eventually go back to sleep. I've always figured it was normal but lately as she's been doing it a lot, I am so exhausted!!!!!! I just can't sleep with her screaming and playing and talking so loud. I don't think anything can be wrong with her as she is just playing, etc. Anyone else do this? And when does it typically end?!?!

Offline 15milner

• Showing Appreciation 211
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 13:48:01 pm »
Can't offer any advice or ideas.  I KNOW that my 18month old neighbour wakes a number of times during the night  because we hear !!

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 16:39:38 pm »
Is she settling herself or do you have to go in?  If she is settling herself, I wouldn't worry too much.  There is alot developmentally going on at this age, and I am sure she will pass through this stage soon enough.  Myles usually wakes once a night for water where we have to go in, and I often hear him sometimes at night but he falls back to sleep on his own.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 18:27:39 pm »
She settles herself.  I don't keep a monitor on because she is so loud there i no need for one.  We seriously just stay up for two hours listening to her play.  It's insane.

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 16:23:28 pm »
I am losing my mind.  She's up ALL night long talking! I never go in before 7:00 a.m.  I just don't understand...this is our routine right now, should I tweak anything???

6:30 wake up (really anywhere from 5:30-7:15)
11:30-2:00 nap
7:00 bedtime
10-3 a.m. up and talking MULTIPLE times through the night.  Sometimes it lasts for 2 hours at a time with no break!

HELP!