Author Topic: How can I tell if 45 naps are DS's biorythm?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How can I tell if 45 naps are DS's biorythm?
« on: November 08, 2005, 17:18:16 pm »
DS is 4.5mos old and has been having 45min naps since about 6-8weeks old.  I'm starting to wonder if this is just his biorythm?
When he wakes at the 45min mark he usually just grunts and growns in his crib, flips himself over, and talks (so usually pretty happy).  If we go in and put his paci in and turn on white noise he'll sometimes fall back asleep for another 1-2 hours.
If that doesn't work and we take him out of his crib after 45min he can only stand about 20-30min of activity time.

I'm just wondering if we should continue to try and extend the 45min naps or just realize this is how he naps!

TIA!

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
How can I tell if 45 naps are DS's biorythm?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 17:28:01 pm »
Sounds fine to me :)

If he goes to sleep after 30 mins, chances are he probably needs the sleep, he just can't get back to sleep. My lo does the same thing. If she wakes after 30 mins, she usually seems happy for about 20-30 mins, then gets upset and needs to go back to sleep; 9/10 times she does, and she'll usually sleep another cycle and be perfectly happy until her next nap.

If you can extend them, go ahead and try, but it sounds as though you're doing fine. You're getting him back to sleep, so he is getting enough sleep, even though it comes in the form of a broken nap.

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005