Author Topic: How long would you use infacol??  (Read 7183 times)

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
How long would you use infacol??
« on: November 08, 2005, 17:52:19 pm »
Hiya

I am bottle feeding William and have used infacol since birth to help to avoid problems with wind and colic. I know that colic reduces by about 4 months and I wondered whether I should decrease my use of infacol or whether I should continue to use it for as long as William is being bottle fed....

Just a thought that crossed my mind as I ordered yet another bottle along with my gorcery shopping!

Helen xx

Offline PaulaP

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 18:14:36 pm »
Hi,

My lo was also on infacol as he had problems bringing up his wind.  I took him off it at around 3 months as I noticed that every time he brought wind up he would get sick.  They say that if they are doing this, then the infacol is working too well and bringing up the milk with his wind.

I found that when I stopped it he brought up his own wind fine, most of the time I don't even have to wind him now, he does it himself.

You can try your lo with one bottle and if you find that he is battling then just use it again on your next one.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Paula - Mum to Thomas (almost 4mnths)

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 18:21:57 pm »
Hi Paula...

Will seems to bring up his wind fine with the infacol - theres no milk coming back at all... on the other hand on the times Ive forgotten to use it he's been fine too. I know it says that its use is cumulative and it can still be working for the next feed so I guess I'll see if I can cut it down for a day or so and see how he goes...

Thanks for your reply Paula.. keep the replies coming I was just wondering what others have done.

Offline Isabella and Scarletts mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 18:40:34 pm »
hi I used infacol until DD was about 4 months. I just gradually cut out a dose every few days until we weren't using it at all (although i had often missed an odd dose anyway as i would forget!) We didn't have any probs, the colic had cleared up by then, and i've never used it since. i was breast feeding so i don't know if that makes any difference to how long colic lasts, I have been told that it affects bottle fed babies more but don't know if that's true or not.
HTH
Amy
Amy

Isabella Jane 26.11.04
Scarlett Rose 16.03.06