Author Topic: Nap Time Timing Problem  (Read 993 times)

Offline i-wei

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Nap Time Timing Problem
« on: November 08, 2005, 18:20:30 pm »
Hello There

We're currently experiencing some problems with Aidan's naps.  I'm going to give you some history on his sleep here just in case it's relevant so please bear with me.  I'm told I'm rather long winded!!

At 6mths Aidan started screaming in his sleep.  He would still be asleep but would not respond to any comforting.  Our only way to calm him down was to wake him.  This continued for a while until we no longer had to wake him but would settle him by offering him a lovie instead.  This too continued for a while until the lovie didn't work and we offered him the dummy.  From that time up until a while back Aidan would wake up up to 6 times per night wanting his dummy.  One day we decided enough was enough and we started weaning the dummy.  This went very well and he no longer wakes during the night.  However, his once perfect naps went out of the window. 

This was his previous routine.
9am wake
11:15-12:30 nap (go down awake and sleep within 5mins)
3:15-4:45 nap (go down awake and sleep within 5mins)
9pm sleep (waking up to 6 times per night)

After we sorted out the night time wakings, he wouldn't sleep for his 1st nap so I started pushing it back.  It's now at 11:45 until 12:30 (45mins).   However, even with just 45mins, he's been fighting me all the way with the PM nap.  Today he did the AM nap but it's now 6:30pm and still he won't sleep. 

I'm confused as to what I should do.  Cut down to 1 nap?  Cut the AM nap by another 15mins?  Not let him sleep 12hrs at nighs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Offline i-wei

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Nap Time Timing Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 18:22:47 pm »
:oops: forgot the most important thing.......Aidan is 10.5mths old.