Author Topic: disrupted sleep - growth spurt  (Read 1282 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 08, 2005, 22:24:54 pm »
I think my DD (5 months) is going through a growth spurt. Her day time sleeps up until the last week were great but now I am lucky if she sleeps 1 hour at a time.

What do i do during a growth spurt - does the disrupted sleep matter? Feed earlier? Persist with pat/shh until it is feed time?

This is the first growth spurt really that has disrupted her sleep. Her nighttime sleep is still fine.

Any ideas?

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
disrupted sleep - growth spurt
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 01:27:14 am »
did she go through her 3 month growth spurt early?  if so, then that may be the case this time. 

otherwise, i would suspect that the disruption sounds developmental - has she learned any new skills lately?

during a growth spurt if you are bf you will probably feed more often; if bottle fed just add some extra food to the bottles.  after a few days you should be fairly sorted out.

either way, persist in consistency.  continue to try & soothe in the crib for as long as you can - either until naptime is normally up or you're going crazy!   :wink:

HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 01:55:23 am »
I have added more to her bottles, her overall intake increased for 2 days but now she is back to normal with feeding - but the naps have not returned to normal.

Developmental  - maybe the problem - she got two teeth through last week - came through without us even knowing, but maybe they are sore pushing all the way up.

I also think she is not to far off sitting. she can now sit with just a little support and sometimes can do it on her own.

We have never really noticed any other growth spurts so for us it is hard to recognise.

How long should naps return to normal if it has to do with developmental stuff?