Author Topic: This can’t be happening now!  (Read 1067 times)

Offline lele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« on: November 08, 2005, 22:29:20 pm »
Okay, I don’t even know where to start.  Baby #2 is due in 2 ½ weeks and 24 month old ds has decided to make sleeping a nightmare again!  We worked so hard to get him to sleep well and at around 15 months he was taking 3 hour naps and sleeping 11-12 hours a night and waking up perfectly happy and delightful.  This is the way it has been up until about 1 month ago.  Then he started waking at night, crying.  Now he is waking at night crying 2-3 times a night and in the past week his 2-3 hour naps have gone to 45-1 hour naps and he is waking up hysterical and mad.  Obviously he is tired and he isn’t happy at all.  We have been going in at night and rocking him back to sleep at which point he often wakes and cries when we lay him back down.  Even at naps I am trying to get him back to sleep so that he will get a little longer nap.  So what is going on?? I can’t decide.  How do I know what is causing him to wake so often and be so mad about it?  How do I know if it is teething?  Is his room too cold?  Is he over tired?  Is something else wrong?  Has he lost his ability to self sooth?  (He still sucks his thumb big time)  I have no idea?  I know that is just a ton of questions but I almost start crying every time I think about having this issue and a new baby to deal with.  Dealing with Ds’s sleep issues for over a year was miserable and I absolutely can’t deal with two at the same time :cry: .  Can anyone help?  I would appreciate any suggestions of ideas.  Thanks.
Sweet Boy- Nov. 1, 2003

Sweet Baby Girl- Nov. 18, 2005

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
This can’t be happening now!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 23:07:33 pm »
My dd wakes at night usually only if she is having some difficulty with her teeth, or is starting to get a cold.  I have found that the 2 year molars are the worst.  My dd is currently working on her last one and she has been waking up screaming!  I usually know that she is having some teething troubles b/c she steals LO's paci - right now her last one is coming through - If she wakes like that, and I suspect that she is teething, I will giver her some Advil or Motrin.  Usually gets her through the rough patch.
Hope that helps.
L