Author Topic: Remind me...what's "normal" in first month?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline ava'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Remind me...what's "normal" in first month?
« on: November 09, 2005, 10:45:24 am »
I just remember being really stressed when Ava was as little as Nate is now!  :lol:  Fortunately, I'm not so freaked out this time. But we don't have much of a routine to speak of at this point, and I'm trying to remember if that's "normal" at this stage. (whatever normal is, right?)

Ava was eating every 3 hours consistently pretty much from the get-go. Nate, however, is a little more all over the place. Sometimes he goes 3, lately I'm lucky to get him to every 2 hours. Don't know if I'm misreading him, but he's eating like a champ at these feedings, so I think he really is hungry. Lately, he's not sleeping as much in the day either--he's alert a lot more, which is good. But he's also restless and I think wants to be asleep but can't/won't for some reason.

Anyway, he's a pretty easy baby so far, so we're just going with the flow. I guess what I'm wondering is, when should I really try to institute a pattern or routine. Besides our somewhat routine feedings, we don't have much of one!

Refresh my memory, ladies! I was such a mess with Ava and she was so fussy in the beginning that I've blocked a lot of it out!  :wink:
Amy

From the U.S., living in Australia
Mom to Ava, born Nov 17 2003
and Nate, born Oct 12, 2005

Gigismom

Remind me...what's "normal" in first month?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 03:16:58 am »
we just pretty much winged it for the first month.  i tried to get the feedings 2.5-3 hours apart.  sometimes it happened, sometimes not.  not much you can do about it though!  it's really hard, i know!!  just do what you can the best you can and try to enjoy this time when your baby is so small and precious.  we didn't get serious with easy til gianna was about 3 months.  it seemed like we were both ready then, so it was easier than forcing it too early.