Author Topic: Extending A Time Ideas?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Extending A Time Ideas?
« on: November 09, 2005, 14:47:27 pm »
Hi - need some ways to extend A times for my 3 month old. She is on a 4-hour schedule by her own choice (partly because she likes long naps and because she has cereal in bottle per GI doc for reflux).

She usually needs a nap after 1.5 hours in morning (sometimes 1 hour 40 minutes), 1.75 hours in afternoon, and 2 hours before catnap. However, the last 5-10 minutes of each of these she is really cranky. However, if I let her go to bed too early she does the 45 minute thing.

What kind of low key activities can I do for the last say 20-30 minutes of each A time to help extend them but not get her overstimulated? We sometimes go for walks outside which helps - but weather doesn't always permit. What else?

Many thanks!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 15:27:00 pm »
What has worked best for us in those last minutes is either walking around & carrying her (not so fun I know  :roll: ) or sitting in a rocker either looking at a book or chewing on a toy.  I still struggle with that time in the routine, but those things have been the best for my dd.
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)