Author Topic: Dreamfeeding Question  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Fizzogg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dreamfeeding Question
« on: November 09, 2005, 19:54:46 pm »
I am trying to dreamfeed our baby girl who is 13 weeks.  Sometimes she will take 4 oz (usually avergaes 5-6oz in day feeds) but often she will only take 2 oz.  Are there any tips on what I can or should be doing to get her to be more consisitent to take more oz's?  It seems that sometimes she is in such a deep sleep and does not even grip the bottle teat no matter how much I stimulate the sucking reflex and other times she purses her lips. 

Her feed during the day is as follows:

Usually get her up between 7 and 8 am as I like her to wake naturally so a typical day would be

1845 before bed
2230-2245 dreamfeed
night feed around 0430-0500

She usally takes an average of 5 oz.  Is steadily gaining 5 oz per week.  currenttly weighs 11 lb 8 :?:

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Dreamfeeding Question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 15:00:09 pm »
Hi

How long have you been doing the dreamfeed? It can take a while for both of you to get the hang of it.

With regards her not rousing enough, try stroking the palm of her hand to get her to strike up sucking again. If she's pursing her lips then try rubbing the cheek nearest to you and rubbing the teat across her bottom lip - that should get her to open her mouth.

love
Marie

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Another dreamfeed question
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 15:03:56 pm »
Does it count as a DF if they wake for it? Caeden is waking sometime between 8:30-10 on his own and I feed back to sleep - would this be a DF? Or do I need to be intiating?

Just curious!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011