Author Topic: Chicken/corn and couscous  (Read 1981 times)

Offline james030405

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
Chicken/corn and couscous
« on: November 09, 2005, 20:37:43 pm »
these are the recipes I was talking about everyone.  Hope your lo's enjoy.

CHICKEN AND CORN

1 Cob of corn, 60g finely minched chicken, 100g zucchini, grated; 100g carrot, grated; 1 onion, finely chopped; 1 large tomato, finely chopped; big handful baby spinach leaves (about 100g); pinch nutmeg; 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock; 1 tablespoon raw rice.

Grate corn into a saucepan.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Place a tight fittling lid on thesaucepan and cook over a gentle heat until the mixture is soft.  Process to a puree or leave with a little texture depending on age of the child.

COUSCOUS WITH VEGETABLES IN CHICKEN STOCK
200g pumpkin, peeled and seed removed and cut into chunks; 250g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks; 1/4cup peas or beans; 100g zucchini, chopped; 1 small onion, finely chopped; 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock; 1/4 cup water; 2 tablespoons couscous; 1 tablespoon chopped parsley; 1 teaspoon chopped mint.

put the vegetables into a saucepan and with stock and water and cook covered until tender.  The timing depends on the size of the chunks of vegetable.  remove from heat, add couscous and stir.  Return the lid to the pan, leave aside for 5 minutes for the couscous to swell and absorb the excess liquid.  Mash lightly, mixing in parsley and mint.

James really likes the couscous one.  I saw a health nurse yesterday and she said James could have baked beans, spagetti bolanase (?spelling :oops: ), fish, potato pie.  I gave James baked beans, went down very well, good finger food.  He also had some spagetti last night with a little tomato mixture I made with tinned tomato, onion and parsley.  Put this with mince, and a couple of veges with spagetti and he really liked this.  No reactions so far..........

Hope this helps.  I have a couple more and I will find them and post them also.

Lisa mum to James my textbook/spirited koala bear
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Chicken/corn and couscous
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 04:03:11 am »
Yummy  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline grahamsmama

• Showing Appreciation 38
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 19:40:24 pm »
Another good mix in for cous cous is canned pumpkin!
Ds loved that when he was little