Author Topic: Any success stories with wake-to-sleep method?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline webbhouse

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Any success stories with wake-to-sleep method?
« on: November 09, 2005, 21:47:11 pm »
My 3 month old has been on EASY for the past 2 weeks.  The first night he made it to 5 am and slept 8 hrs.  But every night since, he wakes up at 3-4 am no matter what time he is put to bed or when he had a DF.  This is habitual waking isn't it?  He's still getting 7-8 hrs sleep because I put him down at 7ish.  And lately I have been giving him one breast only at his night time waking.  But since I give him a 10 pm DF, shouldn't he be able to last until 6 am?

Tried 'wake-to-sleep' last night at 2:30 am.  It was a challenge to get him back to sleep, but he slept until 5 am.  Is this going to stick when I stop the wake-to-sleep in 2 more days?  Also, how awake do you get him?  If I nudge him and he makes one move while totally asleep, is that good enough?  Or does he need to be stirring or slightly awake?  I got my ds awake to the point that he fussed so I put a paci in his mouth and pat his back.

Any success stories would be greatly appreciated!

Offline kmetli

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 18:36:20 pm »
How has the wake to sleep thing worked since wed? I am too going to try mine tonight and was wondering how it is going?

Offline webbhouse

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 17:06:25 pm »
Hi kmetli,

Sorry for the late reply, I am just now getting around to checking the message board.  The wake to sleep method worked or I just got lucky.  I only had to do it one time.  He stopped waking up at the same time everynight.

hope it worked out for you too.