Author Topic: Egg yolk - do I worry about the bits of white left on it?  (Read 2579 times)

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Egg yolk - do I worry about the bits of white left on it?
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:03:34 am »
This is probably a thick question and maybe I'm concerned about nothing...but just wondering if anyone else has wondered about this?  When I separate the whites off there's always a bit left on the yolk, surely if there's going to be a reaction it's going to happen whether it's a small bit or not, yet whites aren't meant to be intro'd until 12mths?

I've got some yolks that I separated off since I did some baking (first time that's happened  :oops: ) and I thought I'd use the opportunity to scramble them up.  I didn't give Nathan egg at all until he was about 11mths because I couldn't decide what to do. :roll:

Help!  :)

Offline james030405

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 22:44:37 pm »
Hi Nikki,

I think it is almost impossible to not get any white on the yolk (maybe I am just not very good at separating :lol: ).  I just let the eggs "drain" a bit before I put the yolks in a separate bowl.  I use an egg separator to do it.  So far, James hasn't had any reaction to this and I think the very small amount that would be still there would not do too much harm. 

Don't know if this eases your mind your not, but I guess there is only one way to find out.  If you are not comfortable to do it, maybe leave it for awhile, otherwise I just mixed it with formula and microwaved the mixture for about 20-30 sec and made the eggs nice and creamy.  Just make sure the eggs are definitely cooked before giving it to your lo.

Hope this helps

Lisa mum to James my textbook/spirited koala bear
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 02:36:21 am »
that's why i just waited until i could just scramble and egg and get on with it. too ,much stress and fuss over it - other way to offer the yolk only is to hard boil and then pick off the cooked white as it is easier to see that you got it all
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 06:01:47 am »
I wonder how mashed up egg yolk and bm/formula would be after being microwaved?  does taht turn into a scramble at all or just a thick milky consistency?

anyone tried it?
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 14:52:56 pm »
I think aswell as reacting badly to the white this is also where the salminala (spelling? :oops: ) is found to, correct me if I am  wrong! I did as Debinoz suggests but found it way too much bother so now I dont give LO eggs. Sorry if this is just useless info and not really answering your question.

Nome
X
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 20:22:28 pm »
Yeah, I've decided to delay eggs completely until closer to a year and then just do whole eggs.  We've got heaps of other foods to work though, so not a major.