Author Topic: Is it ok to let them 'cry down'?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline hana1978

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Is it ok to let them 'cry down'?
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:12:11 pm »
My DS rarely goes down without crying these days, he used to settle himself without a peep but lately i have a fight on my hands for some reason.  Ive never left him to CIO....as such....i allow him to grizzal and cry (not hystericaly)  for 5mins before i go to him, if he starts to cry properly i go in straight away and if hes grizzly for more than 5mins i go in - ive read somewhere that you should allow this time for babies to settle themselves anyway - do you think its ok to do this?  Sometimes he will settle himself in this time, plus i dont want him to learn ill come running everytime but im not sure if this is classed as CIO and if i should just go to him straight away?  I didnt used to do this but when he started 'playing up' i thought - im not gonna go running to him as soon as he makes a noise - any advice?
Hana.xx

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Is it ok to let them 'cry down'?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 12:23:32 pm »
My dd used to "cry down" all the time until about 10 months and occasionally still does it. I see no harm in it as long as they are obviously not in distress. She used to cry for about 10 minutes or should I say whinge. Now she only does it if she is overtired .