Author Topic: Can you help me figure out what's going on?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Can you help me figure out what's going on?
« on: November 10, 2005, 16:53:30 pm »
Hi,

My almost 9-month dd has for the past 2 days been screaming/crying when we put her down for her naps. Prior to this for the last couple months, we haven't had any problems with her crying when going down for naps - it just started out of the blue. We think she may be cutting 2 more teeth. Could this be what's causing it? She seems OK otherwise (during activity time).

If not teething, could it be separation anxiety? Any advice would be great to get her to not get so hysterical at naptime now. Ugh. I can't take the crying.  :(

BTW, she usually naps at around 9am, and another one sometime around 12:30 or 1pm.

Thanks...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 20:51:55 pm »
I am going through thte SAME thing, only my dd is only 6 months this coming Monday. I am at my wits end! I try pu/pd, but she screams then I give her some water, and her paci, which she spits out, then I don't give it until she's almost passed out but fighting it. BTW - I tried to get rid of the paci a few days ago, but failed because I could not deal with the crying, and now we have crying at EVERY nap. And they dropped to 45 minutes each! Any ideas?

It's almost like she wants me to feed her to sleep (did that once when the crying went into the next cycle, I tryed to wake her and she cried until I stuck the paci in. Why is it sometimes they seem to be trying to change the routine  :roll: I know not on purpose, but...

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 03:32:25 am »
What's the wake time total for each of your lo's?

At 6 months, mine started doing that. I extended wake time by a half hour, and she still does it a little, but she goes down a lot quicker. However, she really seems to be tired after 2 hours, rubbing the eyes, fussing a little, etc., but when I get her in the room and hold/rock her a little bit before putting her down, she seems none the worse for wear. I think things are starting to return to normal now though...she's doing her normal pre-nap fussies, but not as much in the way of screaming anymore. Exending wake time REALLY helped.

BTW, she's up to 2 hours and 45 mins of wake time for her second nap, and moving to 2 naps a day...slowly :P She now takes her naps around 8:30 (6 am wake up) and 12:30 or 1, depending on how well she slept during her first nap (usually 1.5-2 hours).

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 18:43:48 pm »
Hi,

My lo usually wakes sometime between 6 and 7am - I usually try to have her awake about 2.5 hours before her first nap, and about the same between first and second naps.

I had been thinking that might be another possibility - that she may need more awake time. But she seems to be doing a lot better today - went down for the first nap without crying and slept 1 hr. 20 min. I think either her teeth or something else was making her feel icky.

Thanks for replying both of you  :) ...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)