Author Topic: 2 letdowns during a feed?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Aiden and Marlo's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
2 letdowns during a feed?
« on: November 10, 2005, 21:31:09 pm »
Guess my title may sum it up?  I'm getting a feeling of a second letdown towards the end of a feed - normally about 10-15 minutes.  Is that normal?  It's in both breasts, but I'm single side feeding right now... :?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 21:45:45 pm »
Great milk supply!  :D  Some moms feel a second (or more) letdown and some don't.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

annamum

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 22:00:48 pm »
Absolutely normal, actually great!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 22:13:32 pm »
:shock:  :D  :D

Well then -

HAPPY DANCE~~HAPPY DANCE~~HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!

:D  :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Diego's Mama

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 22:58:50 pm »
Lori,

Is this to say that things are working out better with nursing then?

:)

Offline damara

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 23:30:48 pm »
Most nursing mothers will have more than one let down during a feed however generally only the first one is felt and the subsequent ones go unnoticed. If you feel more than one there is nothing to worry about.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 02:09:00 am »
Yep!!!

Since Heather was kind enuf to send me the first book (which I'd never read BTW  :lol: ) I figured out that what I thought was her being hungry, was she was either tired or overstimulated so we've got a good routine going (***she even slept 8 hours straight last night  :shock:  :shock: ***) and nursing is going well.  Unfortunately since I'm returning to work in 3 weeks,  :cry:  :cry: I introduced her first bottle this morning at 9 am.  Since I'll be working reduced hrs to start with and I want to make sure she has as much of my immunities as possible since Aiden keeps bringing germys home from school,  :? I'm going to continue to nurse her as much as I can till then.  Not sure I'll be pumping though as the only "private" place I have to do that at work is in the bathroom, and we've got 4 people in the office and only 1 bathroom I don't think it would be nice of me to hog it up (no laws in place yet in FL for breastfeeding in the workplace  :x  )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 02:45:24 am »
:evil:  Grr for FL!

How about your car? So much CHEAPER to pump than formula!  :wink:  *nudge*

SO glad things are going great for you! You go Marlo, way to sleep for your mama! :D
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

mommytsa

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 02:53:48 am »
Lori,

Not being able to pump at work sucks, but you can continue to breastfeed, even if only "part time" if you can't pump at work.  I've been back at work full time since DS was 3 months old.  I have never pumped at work (we have 1 faculty restroom-and a staff of 30-I wasn't EVEN going to spend 20 min at a time in there). I pump right before I leave and as soon as I get home (when I'm pretty engorged, but what can you do?).  Doing this I am able to provide all the breastmilk DS needs even as a  full-time working mom.  Now, it all depends on how well you respond to the pump and all, but if you're lucky and have a good pump, you can do it without having to pump at work.  It takes some uncomfortable times of getting your breasts "trained" but it is worth it!

Just a thought.

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 15:38:13 pm »
I've also pumped in my car...not great when the temperature outside is less than comfortable, but aside from that, it works great.

Oh, and I often get more than one letdown when bf'ing!  :)
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha