Author Topic: All over again...  (Read 1153 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
All over again...
« on: November 10, 2005, 18:46:50 pm »
My 3 month old ds was sleeping through the night (sometimes up once - with paci back to sleep until wake up @ 6:30)  for the last couple of weeks.  I bf and give him a bottle of formula -df-@ 10:30pm.  The last coule of nights he has been waking up at 1:30 and 4:00 am each night.  Last night he woke up at 1, 3, 4 and fussed until wake up time...  The paci usually helps to resettle, but we found ourselves doing this every hour... Or reswaddle and put back down helps him fall back to sleep (not for long though) Not sure if we are rushing in... he fusses and then begins that start of a cry and we intervene - we don't actually let him cry.  Is it habitual waking? How do I stop it?  He doesn't seem hungry - he would really cry if he was.  Could he be thirsty for water?  Not sure what to do?
Any suggestions? Please  :?
Alex
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
All over again...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 20:03:36 pm »
I'm thinking 3 month growth spurt... babies seem to cry differently for hunger in the night, I think part of it is the frustration that something has woken them from there sleep as well as hunger.
I would try offering more in the day & feeding at night for a few days.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
All over again...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 01:44:15 am »
Thanks... I will try to feed him to see how much he will eat.  How do I increase the amount during the day - I bf from one side per feed.??? So - no water?
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
All over again...
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 01:55:24 am »
Offer more feeds to increase your supply  & try to keep him on the breast longer. At  my ds#2's last growth spurt I actually pumped for 5mins after each feed & gave a bottle later on (pumped when I gave the bottle too)
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline kmetli

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 17:58:00 pm »
I just wanted to add that my 4 mo started doing that at that 3 month growth spurt and has not gotten back on sched yet. She is still waking at 1,3,4,5, and fusses all through the night. I upped her food intake and it helped a little and now she is habitually waking, I think. I too have just posted my problem, so good luck you are not alone.