Author Topic: Just not interested in milk anymore  (Read 1069 times)

Daniel's mummy

Just not interested in milk anymore
« on: November 10, 2005, 19:51:40 pm »
Ds is now 9.5 months and weighs about 25lb :oops:   He LOVES his food but is gradually becoming less interested in his milk.  He has a 7/8oz bottle at 7am, a couple of ounces at 1pm and then another 7/8oz bottle before bed.  Today he just didn't want to touch his 1pm bottle (which is fine coz we're weaning him off that one anyway).  But tonight he wasn't interested in his bedtime one either.  It took sooooo long to finally get about 6oz down him.  To be honest I'm not too worried as he eats so much (I do use a lot of formula in his foods) and he loves dairy products.  But I do want him still to take a good morning and evening bottle.  Does anyone have any advice?  He just doesn't seem to want to 'waste' time having a bottle.  He'd much rather be busy doing something!  (Amazing really as he doesn't yet crawl)

Am I offering him too much in the way of food?  For tea he had about 5oz of a pasta bolognaise dish.  Some grated cheese as finger food. Then some pear chunks (about half a pear).  That doesn't seem like too much to me.  He has roughly the same amount at each meal and a snack midmorning (had a little petit filous, fromage frais pot) and mid afternoon (had half a pear).

Thanks in advance.

Offline Isabella and Scarletts mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Just not interested in milk anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 20:08:13 pm »
Hi Hazel
My DD went off her milk about 9 months. I used to offer her an 8oz bottle morning and night, but sometimes she'd only take 4oz. I always made 8 oz up so the offer was there, and for the last couple of weeks, she's actually started to finish the bottle again. I think it's very common for them to lose interest, and the amount of food you're offering sounds fine(it's similar to my DD and she weighs 21lb). I am going to put DD on cows milk when she's 1, but will still offer the same amount so she's still getting the calcium. Also, we use Avent bottles and i have bought handles for them, so DD can feed herself, and she seems to prefer that, although i'll probably stop using a bottle soon, and put milk in her cup instead.
HTH
Amy
Amy

Isabella Jane 26.11.04
Scarlett Rose 16.03.06