Author Topic: Bed times  (Read 1583 times)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Bed times
« on: November 11, 2005, 02:44:40 am »
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what time most moms put their 10 month old babies down for bedtime.  I always had 7:30 as bedtime but now my lo cries.  His last nap ends at 4:00 (usually his afternoon nap is 2-4).  Is this bedtime too early for a child this age?

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Bed times
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 22:09:56 pm »
i don't think it's too early.  ds gets up around 4/4:30 pm and goes to bed by 8pm. 

dd has forever gotten up at 5pm & gone to bed at 8pm.

the best bedtime, IMHO, is the best one for you.   :wink:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline momtomiya

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Bed times
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 03:39:29 am »
our lo goes to bed at between 7:00 and 7:30. But for the past few days she has gone for a nap at 3 and woken up at 4:30.  This throws off her usual bedtime and is now getting tired by 8ish. 
How does your little one do with a late nap?  No problems?  Just curious.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Bed times
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 04:27:27 am »
my almost 9 mo old naps around 1:30-3pm and goes to bed around 7:15-7:30 most nights. i think that wil stay bedtime for a long while as my 2 year old goes down at same time.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Bed times
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 12:05:34 pm »
Quote from: momtomiya
our lo goes to bed at between 7:00 and 7:30. But for the past few days she has gone for a nap at 3 and woken up at 4:30.  This throws off her usual bedtime and is now getting tired by 8ish.

Is this the 3rd nap of the day?  What's the nap schedule for the rest of the day look like?

My ds usually goes down for his second nap between 1-2 PM.  That ends up being approximately a 3-3.5 hour stretch, so it's rare if he'll fall asleep at 3 PM.  If he does, though, he's so tired from that huge stretch of awake time (usually because he's playing in his crib) that he'll still go to sleep at 7:30 PM.

On the rare occassion he'll still take a catnap at 5 or 5:30 PM (depending on when he woke up and what day we're having) so he's in bed around 7:30 - 8 PM.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline momtomiya

• Showing Appreciation 0
Bed times
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 14:44:26 pm »
Is this the 3rd nap of the day? What's the nap schedule for the rest of the day look like?
Quote (selected)

The 3:00 p.m. nap is her second nap. She usually has her first nap any time around 9-10:30 and sleeps maybe 1 or 1.5 hrs. She wakes up around 6 or 7ish a.m.

One day is never the same as the next.  This is not new, it has been this way for months. 

So today she woke up at 6 and went down for her nap at 8:50.  Yesterday whe woke up around 7 and fell asleep for her first nap at 10:30!!.  And had her second nap at 3ish.  Maybe today she will fall asleep earlier than 3 so her usual bedtime of 7-7:30 will not be affected.

I wish I could get her on a more consistent routine from day to day but I guess this is her personality and I'm bracing myself for constant change.

Pat

Offline momtomiya

• Showing Appreciation 0
Bed times
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 14:44:58 pm »
Is this the 3rd nap of the day? What's the nap schedule for the rest of the day look like?
Quote (selected)

The 3:00 p.m. nap is her second nap. She usually has her first nap any time around 9-10:30 and sleeps maybe 1 or 1.5 hrs. She wakes up around 6 or 7ish a.m.

One day is never the same as the next.  This is not new, it has been this way for months. 

So today she woke up at 6 and went down for her nap at 8:50.  Yesterday whe woke up around 7 and fell asleep for her first nap at 10:30!!.  And had her second nap at 3ish.  Maybe today she will fall asleep earlier than 3 so her usual bedtime of 7-7:30 will not be affected.

I wish I could get her on a more consistent routine from day to day but I guess this is her personality and I'm bracing myself for constant change.

Pat

Offline momtomiya

• Showing Appreciation 0
Bed times
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 14:46:04 pm »
:oops:  :oops:  o.k. so I'm just learning how to use the quotes. Sorry that it posted that way and twice !

Pat

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Bed times
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 04:15:10 am »
No problem about the quotes.

Do you think she's waking up at 6 AM because he's hungry?  I think it would be good for you to try to get her waking time a little more consistent.  One hour can really throw off the day.

Also, if you find that she's going to sleep at 3 PM, just wake her up at 4 PM at the latest.  She should be ready for bed by her normal bedtime.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna